Invisalign® is quickly becoming as common as braces for orthodontic treatment. For many people, Invisalign® is just as effective as traditional braces for correcting common orthodontic issues from misaligned teeth to overbite.
Many patients choose Invisalign® because the clear aligners are less obvious than metal or even clear braces. They are also removable, making eating and caring for your teeth much easier during treatment.
In the past, Invisalign® was sometimes passed up for less pricey traditional braces. However, the cost of Invisalign® is now comparable to metal braces.
How much does Invisalign® cost in Connecticut and the surrounding area?
Average Cost of Invisalign®
You can expect to pay somewhere between $3,000 and $7,000 for Invisalign®. The average cost for braces is between $4,000 and $6,000. The two types of orthodontic treatment are very comparable, but what you will actually pay for either option depends on a variety of factors.
Factors that Determine the Specific Cost of Invisalign®
Each patient’s case is different, which means that not everyone will pay the same amount for Invisalign®. The actual cost is dependent upon the following factors:
- Extent of Treatment Required. The more complex your orthodontic issues are, the more expensive your treatment will be. Invisalign® consists of a series of clear plastic aligners that you wear over your teeth for designated periods of time. Each aligner gradually moves your teeth into a certain position before you switch to the next aligner to continue that movement. The further your teeth need to be shifted, the more aligners you will need to achieve the final result, which raises the total cost of treatment.
- The Length of Treatment. The more complex your treatment, the longer it will take to align your teeth and correct your orthodontic issues. The more time it takes, the higher the cost will be because of the increased number of aligners and the greater number of appointments you will require with your orthodontist.
- Your Orthodontist. Speaking of your orthodontist, not everyone will charge the same prices for Invisalign®. An orthodontist with more experience, an established reputation, and a higher tier in the Invisalign® Advantage Program will possibly charge higher rates for Invisalign® as well as orthodontic care in general. But you get what you pay for in terms of experience, so don’t let price be the only factor in choosing an orthodontist.
- Where You Live. You won’t find the same prices for Invisalign® across the country. It will cost more or less in some areas because it is most reflective of the cost of living. Densely populated areas tend to have higher rates for Invisalign® and other orthodontic treatments than rural areas and small towns. Orthodontists also strive to stay competitive with other practices in the same area, which affects pricing.
- Your Insurance. If your dental insurance covers orthodontics, typically Invisalign® qualifies for coverage. Insurance plans usually offer a lump sum amount toward orthodontics and very rarely cover the total cost. Medical Savings Accounts or Health Savings Accounts can sometimes be used for orthodontic care as well if your insurance plan includes or allows for either of these.
- Financing. If you don’t have insurance or if you need additional financial assistance with the remainder of the cost after insurance, financing is always available. Option such as CareCredit or other lines of credit can help you divide the cost into affordable monthly payments.
Greater Hartford Orthodontics Can Help Make Invisalign® Affordable for You
If the cost of Invisalign® or orthodontic treatment is too much of a financial burden, we at Greater Hartford Orthodontics are willing to work with you to make you or your child’s care more affordable. We believe in the importance of orthodontic care for your dental health and think that no one should be deprived of that care because of the cost. We will discuss financial options with you at the start and along the way as needed.